300 Hour RYS Yoga Teacher Training
Advanced Teacher Training - Continuing Ed Credits
Bhakti Barn Yoga is proud to offer a 300 Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training!
Find out more todaySend Me More Info
New Jersey's Premier Yoga Teacher Training School!
Path of Peace - A Way Toward Awakening
*Schedule and faculty are subject to change.
Enrich your teaching and life with new ways of thinking, seeing, moving and communicating. We’ve assembled expert guides to feed your curiosity, challenge your capacities, and facilitate your expansion. This is a stellar program for illuminating the essential, deep, and subtle layers of yoga practice and teaching.
Elevate your teaching, and let your light shine!
Upon completion of our 300 Hour Training, you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the 500 Hour Level. Many of the individual program days can be taken separately for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits. If you are interested in any specific day programs, please contact Betsy for enrollment.
Prerequisite: Completion of a 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Training, Application, Meeting and Demo Class with a Lead Trainer.
Jyana & Bhakti: The Paths of Wisdom & Love, Energy & the Subtle Body, Embodied Anatomy & Movement, Intelligent & Inspired Sequencing, Assists: See & Respond, Adaptive Yoga
- Betsy Davis
- Vanessa Nassif
- Tamara Tsoutsouris
- Jenny Hoffman
- Stefanie Haberman
- Niika Quistgard
- Chris Loebsack
- Lisa Ferraro
- Jen Guarnieri
- Lakmsi Nrsimha Das
- Matthew Grey
- Arjuna Van Auken
- Henaz Bhatt
Bhakti Barn 300 Hour Requirements
Experts - 189 hours
- 12-4:30pm Saturday/Sunday
- 21 weekends spanning September through June
Apprenticeship - 15 hours
- Attend 9 mentor meetings (1 hour once a month)
- Teach 3 classes and receive feedback
Classes - 64 hours
- Attend 28 classes with any teacher at Bhakti Barn
- Attend an additional 24 classes with Betsy, Vanessa, Tamara, Jenny or Stefanie
Homework - 30 hours
- Approximately 1.5 hours for each weekend we meet
- Early Bird - if paid in full by August 1st: $4,600
- Paid in full by start of training: $4,800
- Payment Plan including $600 deposit and 9 installments of $500: $5,100
2022-2023 300 Hour Schedule
Meets Sat/Sun 12-4:30pm
- Bhagavad Gita
- Inside the Yoga Sutras: A Comprehensive Sourcebook for the Study & Practice of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras by Reverend Jaganath Carrera
- Yoga Anatomy (Third Edition) by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
- Fill out application - Click Link Below
- Send email to set up a demo class and meeting with a Lead Trainer.
- Upon acceptance, arrange deposit Payment to hold your spot in the training.
300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Areas of Study: 2021-2022
You will have the opportunity to delve into the deep philosophical, spiritual and devotional underpinnings of your yoga practice. Your guides will invite you to:
- Understand the rich history of yoga.
- Explore the philosophy and practices of Vedic, Tantric and Bhakti traditions.
- Ground yourself in an understanding of the ancient language of yoga, Sanskrit.
- Dive deeper into the foundational Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the great spiritual texts the Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads.
- Delight in rich mythology and storytelling.
- Joyfully learn to play the harmonium.
- Experience ritual and devotional chanting as practices that can transport you and transform your teaching.
- Decolonize Your Yoga Practice via Self-inquiry and Advaitic Philosophy.
In this facet we will look at the science of “energy” through the prisms of Meditation, Ayurveda (Knowledge of Life), and Pranayama (breath work).
- Investigate what mindfulness is and practice myriad meditation techniques
- Study anatomy of breath and reimagine pranayama to free your vital life force.
- Explore classic breathing techniques; retain and redirect energy.
- Understand of the qualities of Nature, how they impact us and are us. Utilize this understanding in guiding your students to find balance and renewal.
- Apply ancient lifestyle wisdom and everyday rituals to dance through life.
Transform your teaching with a deep dive into embodied anatomy and kinesiology. In this course you’re invited to learn experientially and shift paradigms. Explore movement patterns and uncover new movement choices as you investigate relationships, organization and efficiency. Through lecture, discussion, and embodied experience:
- Understand the roles of bones and myofascial units.
- Discriminate and integrate joint and muscle actions in yoga asana.
- Learn to see and sense pathways through bones and myofascial meridians.
- Reimagine asana through the prism of balanced joint space.
- Gain insights into movement from embryology.
- Clarify your teaching language.
Join us to cultivate your capabilities in creating inspired and intelligent sequences. Enhance your classes with purpose and nuance. Develop sequences that serve the practitioners, not the poses. Open up new possibilities in class architecture, from solid foundation to flowing transitions. Build confidence. Elevate your teaching. Through study, practice and teaching experience we will:
- Cultivate inner play with creativity in warm ups and Surya Namaskar.
- Skillfully build a class from foundation to peak and resolution.
- Discover how transitions can determine destination.
- Explore myofascial and bony pathways in sequencing.
- View sequences through the prisms of chakras and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Understand and organize around anatomical movements and principles.
- Approach teaching as a practice.
An adept teacher adapts a yoga practice to the student. Broaden and deepen your skill set in serving diverse individuals and communities through our Adaptive Yoga Facet. Learn to:
- Facilitate a Gentle practice that can accommodate a range of abilities.
- Sculpt your teaching into an Accessible offering, even for those in a chair or bed.
- Expand your teaching tool kit through variations of poses and the use of props.
- Deepen your experience of Restorative Yoga and help your students cope with chronic stress.
- Hone your language skills, and create an inclusive environment.
- Customize your teaching to the individual, and discover the power of a personalized practice.
This invaluable course explores the relationship of teacher and student and what it means to assist and give feedback. We will consider the ethics, boundaries, and implications of touch. From hands-on to hands-off, subtle to intricate, discover principles and techniques to facilitate your yoga and teaching practice.
- Train your eye to see pathways of weight and flow in your students and yourself.
- Consider when hands-off is the most effective and safest approach.
- Regulate your own energy, internal organization, and quality of touch.
- Discover the power of light touch and moving from the inside-out.
- Learn skillful hands-on techniques that respect your student’s self-empowerment.
- Honor your students’ agency by giving resistance into which they can move.
- Develop your intuition and sensitivity.
- Communicate to inform and support your students.
- Learn ways to address bones, muscles, fascia, and skin.